Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's in a name?



I'm not entirely sure how these nicknames came to be. Trent , my oldest, (Beanie) had what could only be described as a bobblehead when he was a baby. It was so much bigger than his body and when you held him it would just bobble around while he tried to learn how to hold it up. Somehow from "Bobblehead and Bobbie" my husband started calling him "Beanhead" which was then shortened to "Beanie". So far he's OK with the nickname. I even call him it at school when I go up there and he doesn't get embarrassed.

Craig, my youngest, (Cheese). I have no idea when or how this one came to be, but it has become fitting. The boy can eat you out of house and home when it comes to cheese. Any kind of cheese. Loves it all.

These two are my entire world. I've been a SAHM for their whole lives. I take that back...I had 2 part time jobs during the day when they went to Pre-K and Daycare for the social aspect, but I was home at the time they were home. I have been entirely lucky for this and I know it. I know there are many many many moms who only wish to stay at home, but for whatever reason can not do so. Next year both my babies will be in school for the first time. Beanie will be going into Second Grade and Cheese will be in Kindergarten. I don't know what I will do. Probably cry. LOL. It will be bittersweet that's for sure. But, this is what all the staying at home was about right? Preparing them for the big scary world they are about to face. Well. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They are only going to school 3 blocks from the house, not off miles away to college. Plus, starting tomorrow...we have summer break! Hope you're having a fantastic day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment